Stay healthy during COVID-19
In Dec 2019, there is a catastrophic outbreak named COVID-19, previously known as novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV). This virus was originated from Wuhan, China. COVID-19 is a contagious virus that would cause respiratory illness.1 The common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough and shortness of breath.2
According to China’s National Health Commission, 4 out of 5 patients who died from the virus were over 60 years old and 75% had comorbidities like diabetes and heart disease.3
Your immune system weakens as you age. People with others health conditions like heart disease, diabetes or chronic lung disease can complicate the recovery from infections, said Dr. Yoko Furuya, an infectious disease specialist at Columbia University Irving Medical Center.4
Dr. Juliana Chan, director of the Institute of Diabetes and Obesity at the Chinese University of Hong Kong suggested that, during the new coronavirus epidemic, people with diabetes should monitor blood sugar level and maintain good hygiene.5 We do our best to keep ourselves safe.
Prevention is better than cure! Wash your hands with soap. Cover your mouth and nose when you are coughing and sneezing.6
We care about your health, remember, stay hygienic and healthy! Enjoy free delivery service for Accu-Chek products!
- What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf, 18th February 2020.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), Symptoms. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html, 18th February 2020.
- The coronavirus appears to be sparing one group of people: Kids. Retrieved from https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/11/the-coronavirus-appears-to-be-sparing-one-group-of-people-kids.html, 18th February 2020.
- How COVID-19 kills: The new Coronavirus disease can take a deadly turn. Retrieved from https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/02/14/805289669/how-covid-19-kills-the-new-coronavirus-disease-can-take-a-deadly-turn, 18th February 2020.
- Diabetes at greater risk of death from coronavirus. Retrieved from https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/4/141537/Diabetics-at-greater-risk-of-death-from-coronavirus, 18th February 2020.
- Protect yourself and others from getting sick. Retrieved from https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public, 18th February 2020.